Some People Think That Art Does Not Necessarily Improve Quality Of People’s Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that art (such as painting and music) does not directly improve quality of people’s life, so the government should spend money on other areas. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
People argue that art like painting and music do not have a significant role in enriching people’s life quality. Hence, the government should take more interest in improving other sectors like education and health facilities than investing in arts. I wholeheartedly disagree with the given notion, and various reasons could be attributed to support my perspective.
There is no denying the fact that art like painting and music improves people’s life because these activities are important ways for people to spend their leisure time. The reason behind it is that life is incredibly hectic and stressful, and people need activities that alleviate the stress and rejuvenate their mind. By participating in these activities people get a temporary break from their stressful life, and they feel more energetic. Multiple reports reveal that working professionals who pursue art in their free time have improved concentration and productivity at their workplace. Therefore, art is important in improving the quality of life.
Furthermore, art like painting and music have a substantial role in improving people’s life quality as these fields offer good job prospects for people. The justification for this is that most of technical fields like engineering and medicine require extensive training to acquire skills, and these fields do not have good job prospects. The money that they earn form these jobs can only make their end meet, and they cannot improve their standards of living. If people do the same hard work in arts and gain expertise, they get more fame and money, and they can uplift their standards of living. For example, most of the renowned artists and musicians are living a lavish lifestyle with all comforts and luxuries. Therefore, choosing art as career provides more chances for people to earn more money and improve their quality of life in comparison to technical fields.
In conclusion, I believe that art plays a crucial role in enhancing the quality of life of people because it provides people an opportunity to relax and rejuvenate themselves. And, if opted as a career, people can earn more money and improve their standards. Therefore, the government must not neglect art.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Quality Of Life In Cities Is Declining
- IELTS essay about quality of life in cities
- IELTS essay: The quality of life in cities in worsening
- People Living In The 21st Century Have Better Quality Of Life Than People Born In Earlier Centuries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Government Should Reduce Pollution and Improve Housing to Prevent People from Falling Ill
- Band 9 essay about poor quality of life in cities
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should give money to homeless people
- Some People Say That With The Help Of Parenting And Child Development Courses Parents Can Improve The Life Of Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries There Is A Problem With Declining Quality Of Air And Water From Both Industry And Construction | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say The Main Way To Be Happy In Life Is To Have A Lot Of Money | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample