Some People Think That Allowing Children To Make Their Own Choices Is Likely To Result In A Society Of Individuals Who Only Think About Their Own Wishes | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that allowing children to make their own choices on everyday matters such as food, clothes and entertainment is likely to result in a society of individuals who only think about their own wishes. Other people believe that it is important for children to make decision about matters that affect them. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, children should be allowed to decide what they should eat, wear or watch. However, others opine that if children have the freedom to make their own choices, they will grow up into selfish individuals. In my opinion, children should definitely have the liberty to make their own decisions; however, since they are too young to understand what is good or bad for them, parents should help them make the right decisions.
It is important for a child to learn how to make decisions regarding his lifestyle or future career as decision making is an important skill for success in life. When he is allowed to make his own choices he will learn to take the responsibility for his actions. This is another skill required for success. Needless to say, a child who takes small decisions right from his childhood can deal with the conflicts and challenges in life more efficiently.
On the contrary, when children have total freedom to make their own choices, they may fail to consider the feelings of others. For example, a child may insist that he should be able to watch cartoon whenever he wants to. He may not consider what other members of the family want to watch on TV. If his parents allow him to have his way all the way, he will definitely grow into a selfish person who does not care for others. It is, therefore, important for parents to set the limits of the freedom their children can have.
In conclusion, I believe that even though children should be allowed to make their own choices, parents should teach them to respect the feelings of others; otherwise, they may end up becoming selfish.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Children Should Be Allowed To Make Their Own Choices | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Give Their Children Whatever They Ask For And Let Them Do Whatever They Like | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample: Should children be disciplined?
- IELTS sample essay: Should children be allowed to follow their instincts?
- Punishment Is Necessary To Help Children Learn The Difference Between Right And Wrong | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Suggest That Youngsters Should Follow The Old People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Parents Have The Most Significant Influence In A Child’s Development