Some People Think It Is Good To Raise Children In A City | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think it is good to raise children in a city. Others argue that it is better for children to grow up in the countryside. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is believed by some that cities are the perfect places to raise their children; however, others claim that they prefer their kids / offspring to grow up in rural areas. This essay will discuss both the views and explain why it is vital for the young ones to be raised in the cities.
On the one hand, rural locations are preferred by some individuals because of the quality environment they provide. That is to say, young people grow up healthy in these areas due to low toxic air levels, which allow them to stay fit without any detrimental health issues in the future. For example, a magazine report stated that respiratory problems were not observed in 70% of the children raised in the countryside unlike the city children. Furthermore, they are not under constant academic pressure. In other words, parents and teachers do not put them under too much pressure to perform their homework or other extracurricular activities; consequently, they enjoy their childhood to the fullest. Therefore, children raised in villages can lead a healthy lifestyle.
On the other hand, there are myriad reasons for people to think that city life is best for their children. Firstly, metropolises are equipped with excellent academic institutions which provide high-quality academic knowledge as well as practical knowledge. Having advanced learning materials in the institutions encourages them to be creative and sharpens their psychological state. A survey conducted by a newspaper, for instance, reported that a significant number of students from metropolises take part in international competitions every year. Additionally, non-academic subjects can also be easily learned by the young ones based on their interests; all of these allow children to develop physically and mentally. Thus, cities provide comprehensive education which assists them to have a better future in the later years.
In conclusion, despite the healthy environment and tension-free education the rural areas offer, I believe that children raised in the cities are more likely to be equipped with excellent academic skills, which ultimately help them to have improved career prospects.
Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
- IELTS essay sample | It is better to raise children in cities than in the countryside
- IELTS essay about raising children in rural and urban areas
- The Most Effective Way To Solve Traffic And Pollution Problems Is To Encourage People To Move From Suburbs Into The City | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Are Leaving The Countryside To Live In Cities And Towns | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Young People Are Leaving Their Homes And Villages And Moving To Cities
- People Are Moving From Places Where They Are Born To Cities For Better Job Prospects | Band 9 Essay Sample
- Some People Think That City Governments Should Spend More Money To Promote Bicycle Use | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Children Should Be Brought Up In Cities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Young People Are Leaving The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Feel That Boarding Schools Are An Excellent Option For Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample