Some People Think Governments Should Focus On Reducing Environmental Pollution and Housing Problems To Help People Prevent Illness And Disease | Band 9 Essay Sample
Some people think government should focus on reducing environmental pollution and housing problems to help people prevent illness and disease. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
No doubt, people’s health is influenced by the environment and housing conditions. That is why some people opine that governments should focus more on environment and housing to prevent various ailments. While I do admit that these areas require attention, in my opinion, by simply addressing environmental pollution and housing scarcity, we cannot see much of an improvement in public health.
Indeed, environmental pollution and dirty surroundings cause many health problems. For example, air pollution is a major issue in cities and consequently many urban residents suffer from respiratory ailments. Lack of access to clean water is another problem that millions of people face in poor countries. Unhygienic surroundings are the breeding grounds of mosquitoes and fleas which spread many diseases. Therefore, if the government looks into environmental pollution and provides basic housing amenities, such problems can be avoided to a great extent.
Nevertheless, simply focusing on the environment and housing will not prevent all diseases. The government has to do much more. It has to allocate a portion of its budget to prevent diseases through vaccinations. It should also spend on screening tests through which serious diseases such as cancer can be detected long before actual symptoms occur. In earlier stages most cancers are totally curable through inexpensive treatments. Launching health awareness campaigns is another thing governments can do to improve public health. Even if the government provides housing to all, diseases can still spread if people are ignorant and allow stagnant water to collect in their surroundings.
In conclusion, although giving priority to environmental issues and housing will improve public health, a lot more has to be done to eradicate diseases. The government, for example, has to launch health awareness campaigns, provide free vaccinations and regular health checkups to ensure that people live a healthy and long life.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Government Should Reduce Pollution and Improve Housing to Prevent People from Falling Ill
- Environmental Pollution Must Be Tackled At The International Level | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Price Of Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Pollution And Environmental Problems Cannot Be Avoided | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS about economic development and environmental problems
- Governments And Companies Should Work Together To Reverse Environmental Damage | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The prevention of health problems and illness is more important than treatment and medicine | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- Restricting Air Travel Is The Only Way To Prevent Air Pollution | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Restricting Air Travel Is The Only Way To Prevent Air Pollution | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample