Some people suggest that youngsters should follow the old people but others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
Even today, there are many people who insist that young people should follow their elders such as their parents and grandparents. However, there are others who feel that youngsters should make their own decisions instead of following others. In my view, youngsters have the right to make their own decisions, but they should be guided by their parents.
Young people are more educated than their parents. They are more aware of the latest happenings in the world. They know what is trendy and what is not. However, they lack maturity. They also tend to make rash decisions. For this reason, youngsters should receive the guidance of their parents. If young people do whatever they want without listening to their parents, they are more likely to land themselves in trouble.
Having said that, if young people want to make their own decisions and choose a path that is different from that of their parents they should have the freedom to do so. Youngsters these days are better educated and have a decent understanding of the world. They know what they want to do with their life. For example, most young people know what they want to be in life. Likewise, they know which ideology they should believe in and who they want to live with. In my opinion, it is important for young people to make such life decisions. Parents should be there to guide them every step of the way. However, they must not force their children to follow them blindly.
In conclusion, there are certainly some benefits to following elders; however, in my opinion, youngsters are intelligent enough to make their own decisions regarding their life and career. It is the responsibility of parents to offer them guidance whenever they need it.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Young People’s Ideas And Attitudes Are Different From Those Of Their Parents | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: Should children be allowed to follow their instincts?
- Some People Think That Youngsters Should Get Involved In Community Work | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: In some countries old people are more valued
- Some People Think That Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about lack of discipline among youngsters
- IELTS essay: Youngsters prefer to move to the city whereas seniors prefer the countryside
- Youngsters These Days Prefer To Have A Boyfriend Or Girlfriend | Band 7 IELTS Essay