Some People Struggle To Use Modern Technology Such As Smartphones And Computers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people struggle to use modern technology such as smartphones and computers. Why do you think this is the case? What can be done to solve the problem?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Do you have difficulty writing a two-part question IELTS essay? Watch our Youtube video to learn about the correct structure of this type of IELTS essays.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
With the evolution of technology, numerous devices are updated with the latest software. Due to this, many old people find it difficult to use them. This can be attributed to many factors and there are some possible solutions to tackle this problem.
There are many reasons which lead to this difficulty in using smart devices. One of the main factors is that elderly people are used to using old phones with bare minimum functionalities. Since old gadgets come with a simple screen and a keyboard for assistance in typing, it might be easy for them to navigate their phone. In contrast, the latest devices are incorporated with a touch screen, a smart assistant, and an updated operating system, which is complex to understand. Thus, seeing such complexity, their desire to understand its operation might end. Another possible factor is that they are not interested in learning new software. As they are habituated to their old devices, they are reluctant to comprehend the know-how of modern inventions. Hence, these are the possible causes due to which some old people have difficulty using smart devices.
Nevertheless, there are many possible solutions to this problem. One such solution is to seek the assistance of children in grasping the knowledge of the latest inventions in technology. Since many young children are experts in the latest technological skills, seniors can get assistance from them. Besides, elder people must also show interest in learning new inventions by exploring every feature of their device and trying / experimenting with the functionality of applications installed on their computers. If they use it themselves, they will become proficient users before long.
To conclude, lack of interest and fear of using new technology are the main reasons why older people are not able to understand the usage of technology. I think this can be resolved by providing them enough support in using new technology. They should also show a keen interest in learning advanced devices.
- Some Old People Today Struggle With The Use Of Modern Technologies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Schools Provide Tablets And Laptop Computers For Students To Use In School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Modern Technology Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Excessive Use Of Smartphones Affect Literacy Skills Of Students | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, More Of Modern Technology Is Used In Entertainment Which May Lead People To Be Less Creative | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: The increasing use of computers and smartphones have affected people’s writing skills
- Some People Say That Modern Innovations Bring A Lot More Problems Than Benefits | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Modern Technology Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Do You Think Art And Music Still Have A Place In Today’s Modern World Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample