Some people spend a lot of money for their wedding ceremonies. However, others feel like it is unnecessary to spend a lot. Discuss both view points and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people prefer to have a lavish wedding and they do not mind spending a lot of money on it. Others opine that such celebrations are a waste of money. I agree with this view. In my opinion, one can save this money and utilise it for better purposes.
An elaborate / expensive wedding has many benefits. For example, it creates memories that the couple can remember for their life. It is also an opportunity for young people to celebrate their happiness with their friends and family. Consequently, many people spend too much money on this occasion to make it memorable and to show off their wealth and status. Moreover, such occasions give family members and friends an opportunity to get together.
On the flip side, a big wedding can also waste a lot more money. Couples can achieve better things in their life with this money. For example, they can invest it for their children’s education. There are some people who take loans to celebrate their marriage lavishly. They have to grapple with the debt for years to come and that will take away all the joy in their life.
Another disadvantage of lavish weddings is that they spur competition. When someone holds an extravagant wedding celebration for themselves or their children, their friends and neighbours will feel compelled to do so. This mentality will eventually lead to a lot of problems in the society.
To conclude, although many people believe that spending a lot of money for marriages would bring happiness and contentment, I personally think that such occasions are a waste of money. Saving this money for use in the future is a much better idea.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Many People Think It Is Important To Spend A Lot Of Money On A Large Wedding Reception | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: people now spend a lot of money on their wedding
- IELTS Essay: Are public celebrations a waste of money?
- Band 7 essay sample: People spend a lot of money on celebrations. Is this justified?
- People Spend Too Much Money On Family Celebrations Such As Birthdays And Weddings | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Should Spend Their Money to Enjoy Life
- Some think spending a lot on birthday celebration and weddings is a waste of money | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Should We Spend Money Or Save It For Future?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | People Spend A Lot Of Money On Tickets Of Sports and Cultural Events
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Should People Spend Their Money Or Save It?