Some People Say The The Main Environmental Problem Of Our Time Is The Loss Of Particular Species Of Plants And Animals | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that the main environmental problem of our time is the loss of particular species of plants and animals. Others say that there are more important environmental problems. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, the extinction of plants and animals is the biggest environmental threat we face today. While I do not admit that this is a major issue, in my opinion, there are even bigger causes for concern.
The loss of some plants and animals certainly poses a challenge. It will break the food chain and cause problems. For example, when predatory animals like lions and tigers at the top of the pyramid disappear, it will lead to an uncontrollable increase in the number of herbivores. Unfortunately, this development will hurt farm yield as animals like deer, rabbits and pigs will become vermin and eat up farm produce. This will lead to food scarcity all over the world.
On the other hand, climate change caused by human activity is an even bigger challenge. Due to pollution and the resultant green house gas effect, global temperatures are rising. This causes the melting the polar ice and the subsequent increase in sea levels. Major coastal cities all over the world are already facing the risk of getting submerged in the oceans. Climate change also leads to more frequent occurrences of droughts and flooding. This affects food production. Another issue is the health problems in both humans and animals. Many forms of birds and animals can no longer survive in the highly polluted urban areas. People living in such places are facing various health problems like asthma and cancer. If the temperatures continue to rise at this pace, the planet may become inhabitable 2 or 3 centuries down the lane. Obviously, climate change is a bigger threat than the extinction of wildlife.
In conclusion, the extinction of wildlife and the resultant loss of biodiversity is certainly a grave issue. However, climate change and the associated problems are even bigger challenges as they can threaten the very existence of life on the planet.
- Far Too Little Has Been Done To Prevent Animals And Plants From Dying Out | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Human Activities Have Had A Negative Impact On Plants And Animals | Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Human Activity Has Had A Negative Impact On Plants And Animals | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Influence Of Human Beings On The World’s Ecosystem Is Leading To The Extinction Of Many Species and Loss Of Biodiversity | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge On Extinction | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Human Activity Has Had A Negative Effect On Plants And Animals
- Human Activity Has Have A Negative Impact On Plants And Animals | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Think That We Have To Focus On The Extinction Of Certain Animal Species | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Cutting Down Forests Is A Real Environmental Threat | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample