Some People Say That Young People Are Much More Influenced By Their Friends Than Their Parents Or Teachers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that young people are much more influenced by their friends than their parents or teachers. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for English grammar lessons and essay writing tips.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people believe that friends have more impact on teenagers than their guardians or mentors. I agree with the assertion because friends spend more time together and there is no generation gap between them.
The primary reason for better understanding between friends is the amount of time they spend together. For example, on average two teenagers spend around eight hours in the school and four hours playing together. So, it is natural for a person to be influenced by the other persons with whom he spends most of his time. Peer pressure is another factor that encourages teenagers to copy their friends. Therefore, the friends have more impact in the life of a juvenile than their parents.
The second reason for this might be the generation gap. For example, a study conducted by the Harvard University found that music interest plays an important role in the development of bonding among teenagers. However, due to generation gap often parents and their children have different tastes in music. This is another reason for them to enjoy the company of their friends more. Additionally, it is observed that children are reluctant to share their private stuff with their parents. As a result, parents do not get enough opportunities to influence their children.
In conclusion, though many people think that parents and teachers have a greater impact on a child, I disagree with this statement. The main reasons are that young people spend minimum time with their parents and there is a generation gap between them.
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Young people are getting more infleuenced by their friends
- Nowadays There Is An Increase In Social Problems Involving Young People Because Parents Spend More Time At Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries Around The World Young People Decide To Leave Their Parents’ Home After Finishing School | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample: Friends’ influence over young people
- Many Parents Encourage Young People To Leave Home When They Become Older | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Only Way To Solve The Increasing Crime Rate Of Young Offenders Is To Teach Parents Better Parenting Skills | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- Some People Think That The Government Should Pay One Of The Parents Of Very Young Children To Stay At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Have The Same Opinion As Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample