Some people say that the internet is bringing people together by making the world smaller. Do you agree that the Internet is making it easier for people to communicate with one another?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Geographical barriers have become meaningless in this age of the internet. In my opinion, the internet has certainly changed the way we communicate and made it easier and more effective although it does have some minor flaws.
Firstly, the internet made globalization possible by bringing people and communities together. Almost all the organizations, small or big, use emails which works on the internet to pass important information to all employees. Furthermore, video conferencing has been effectively introduced since long in conference rooms where executives come together under one virtual screen irrespective of their real location. In fact, even the job interviews are now being conducted using various applications like Skype which save precious time and money which would be spent otherwise on travelling. In addition, visual tele-conferencing has enormously benefited the medical field by enabling doctors in multispecialty hospitals to consult their peers. On the personal front, it is now feasible to talk to near ones sitting across the earth with astute video and audio clarity which was once limited to the realm of scientific fiction. This has greatly benefitted many lives where family members move far away to pursue their career or education.
However, the only drawback of communicating via the internet is that it lacks the personal touch and human beings are becoming more and more dependent on it which is also increasing the gap between the people residing under same roof. This in my view is changeable by making a conscious effort and utilizing this facility sensibly.
To conclude, I reiterate that in this fast paced millennium, where communication is one of the core skill sets and plays the key role in development and progress of any country or individual, the internet has proven to be a boon in many ways.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- The Internet Has Made The World Smaller By Bringing People Together | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 essay | The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS letter sample: Complaint letter about problems with internet connectivity
- IELTS sample essay: should internet be regulated?
- Band 7 Essay Sample About Making Friends Online
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Think Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample