Some people say that the education system is the only critical factor in the development of a country. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me or buy my book with proven tips to improve your grammar and writing.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is true that education plays a vital role in ensuring the prosperity of a nation. While some people believe that merely educating the masses can lead a country towards success, others argue that several other factors are equally important. I completely agree with the former statement and this essay will highlight how education propels a country towards economic and social progression.
First and foremost, educational institutions produce professionals, so that they may contribute to the betterment of the economy. For example, in Japan, from a plumber to a nuclear scientist one cannot work as a professional unless one undergoes the required practical training and obtains the mandatory certificate, degree or diploma from the concerned academic body. This practice helps educators and economists to work together and form beneficial economic policies since the entire data related to a worker’s roles and responsibilities, compensation and benefits, career progression and the like is available to them.
Secondly, a proper education system promotes high moral values which contribute positively to the development of a society. In addition, educated people are more aware of their rights and responsibilities and this enables to work together for the welfare of their nation. Education also helps eradicate corruption. It makes people aware that good governance is their right and then they will not want to pay bribes for getting things done. Educated people also tend to be healthier because they know what is good and bad for their health.
In conclusion, although there may be several factors that affect a country’s well-being, in my opinion, the education system is the cornerstone of economic and social progress.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Economic growth is the measure of a nation’s development
- IELTS essay sample | Free education will help fight poverty in developing nations
- More Money Should Be Spent On Adult Education Than on Children’s Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That They Should Not Have To Pay Tax | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Education should be accessible to people of all economic backgrounds.
- University Education Should Be Free To Everyone | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Should Have University Education
- Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Most Countries Want To Improve The Standard Of Living Through Economic Development | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning To Play Team Sports Is An Important Part Of Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample