Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Some people argue that building more sporting facilities is the most effective way to improve public health; however, others argue that playing a sport or building more sports clubs alone is not sufficient. According to them, other measures are required to ensure public health. I do admit that sports are beneficial for health, but in my opinion people also need to follow a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Beyond doubt, there are several benefits to indulging in sporting activities. Most of the outdoor and indoor sports require physical effort and this in turn makes a person active and flexible. This definitely helps to better the physical body. To illustrate, a person indulging in regular sports is bound to be fitter than a person who does not participate in any major physical activities or sports. In addition to that, playing a sport benefits the mental health and keeps a person agile and active in their thinking. Thus, we can see why some people are of the view that playing sports is the most ideal way to attain balanced health.
However, playing a sport alone is not sufficient. It is also important for people to watch their diet. If they follow a nutritious diet and play a sport regularly, they have very good chances of maintaining good health. For example, no matter how much sport we play it is not going to be that effective until we follow a proper diet and exercise regime. Exercise helps the body to gain the agility and lose extra calories and a balanced diet makes sure that the amount of supplements required to the body is supplied in an efficient way and the body does not put on the extra calories and fat. Therefore, it is clear why people consider measures like exercise and balanced diet more effective than merely playing sport to attain good health.
To conclude, people might vary in their opinion but I firmly advocate that playing a sport alone will not be that effective in improving the fitness level of a person. In addition to playing, people should exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Number Of Sports Facilities Will Improve Public Health
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample About Public Health And Increase In Sporting Facilities
- The Best Way To Improve Health Is To Do Regular Exercise | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Balanced Diet Is The Key For Good Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Government should take measures to improve people’s health
- IELTS essay about government taking measures to improve people’s health
- The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing And Their Level Of Fitness Is Decreasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people