Some people say that school children should learn how to grow food and cook with it in their lesson. What is your opinion about that?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is often argued that at school kids should learn about cultivating their own vegetables and preparing the meals using them. This essay strongly agrees with this argument. I believe that children from their early age should learn this important life skill for survival and this also teaches them to value their food and not to waste it .
Firstly, educating children about producing their own food gives them a broad idea of the steps involved in the agricultural process. Practically teaching them about cultivating and processing the food to make it edible is the best way to inspire the young minds. It is also one of the important life skills that need to be given the same importance as skills like swimming and self defence techniques. This helps them be independent in their future life.
Secondly, students who grow vegetables and some varieties of spinaches and cook their meals are less likely to waste the food. Since they spend a lot of energy and time in the cultivation process, they value their food more. For instance, my eight year old niece used to eat lots of junk foods and refuse to eat healthy dish made of vegetables before involving herself in a science project to grow carrots on her own. This science project completely changed her eating habits. Apart from these facts, home grown veggies are organic and healthy because they use natural fertilizers and almost no pesticides.
To conclude, the art of growing food and cooking it on their own is an important life skill that needs to be taught in school. It is a practical way of learning different processes involved in agriculture and also teach students to value their food more.
- Some People Say That School Children Should Learn How To Grow And Cook Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Art Is An Essential Subject For Children At School While Others Think It Is A Waste Of Time | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Children Should Not Learn Geography At School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should Children Learn A Foreign Language From Primary School? | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- An Increasing Number Of Children Are Overweight Which Could Result In Problems When They Grow Up | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Organic Food Is Expensive Yet Many People Buy It. Why Is So? | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- Children Will Benefit From Attending Nursery School Before Primary School
- Team Sports Help School Students To Learn More Than Usual Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample