Some People Say That School Children Should Be Given Individual Class Work While Others Think That Working In Groups Is Good For Them | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that school children should be given individual class work while others think that working in small groups is better for them. Discuss both the approaches?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Many people believe that children should do classwork independently, whereas others believe that engaging in group activities is better for their development. In my opinion, learning how to work in a group and in their individual capacity is important for children.
I believe there are a number of benefits when children work alone. Firstly, working alone makes them more independent. A child who works alone would use imagination, creativity, as well as logical and rational abilities to accomplish the target. This would further boost their confidence to work independently even in the future. Secondly, children can work at their own pace if they work alone. For instance, a child with high academic grades will not have to waste their time with a child with low academic abilities. So, each child can create their own schedule and work according to their own needs.
However, it can be argued that providing group activities to school children is also important for their holistic development. Doing activities together enables children to learn various things from each other. This can also provide them with an insight into different perspectives, and as a result, it makes them more open-minded. Moreover, if children interact and work with others, they can develop team-building skills. Such skills are vital for them as they grow into adults. By working together, children can discuss their problems, exchange their thoughts and have peer support. Therefore, it is clear that by working together in a group, the child can not only develop their team spirit but also broaden their horizons.
In conclusion, working independently and collaboratively is important for the development of school children.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Group Activities Vs Individual Activities For Children
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- Some People Say That Students Of Different Age Groups Should Be Put In The Same Class | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Individual Games Vs. Games That Require Team Work
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- Some People Believe That Children Should Do More School Work In Their Free Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing Organized Group Activities
- Some People Think That Art Is An Essential Subject For Children At School While Others Think It Is A Waste Of Time | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Unpaid community work must be compulsory for school children
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Take Part In Organized Group Activities In Their Free Time