Some People Say That Radio Is The Best Way To Get News While Others Think That Television Is Better | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that radio is the best way to get news while others think that television is better for this purpose. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Essay sample
Everyone wants to stay informed of the happenings around them. They may get this information through a variety of sources like radio or television. Some people believe that the radio is better, while others believe that the television is the best. This essay will discuss both views and explain why television is a better source of news and information.
Some people prefer to listen to radio for news and information. Radio certainly has many advantages. Firstly, it is very easy to carry it from one place to another since it is very lightweight. Secondly, you can listen to the radio even when you are traveling. Actually, you can listen to the radio while you are working in the kitchen, garage or garden because radio does not require you to be physically present in front of it. For instance, many truck drivers use radio during drives and it is the first source of news for them. Finally, radio is very cheaper than television. Thus, some people find radio more useful than television.
On the other hand, television has its own advantages. First and foremost, it shows the audio along with the video. That is why it becomes easier for viewers to understand the news completely. It is hard to describe everything using only audio. The rise / growth in the number of television viewers over the last few decades is a good indication of this. Furthermore, advancement in technology has drastically reduced the television’s price in the last few years. Therefore, people can now easily have access to television.
To sum up, both radio and television are good at transmitting news in their own ways. While radio is a good source when someone is travelling, television provides greater coverage of news. I am of the opinion that television is better than radio and its growing viewership is a testimony of this.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- News Editors Decide What To Broadcast On Television And What To Print In Newspapers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Although More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Should news editors give more importance to good news?
- Although More And More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Television’s role in education
- Nowadays News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.
- Band 7.5 essay sample | News is often accompanied by images
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People No Longer Read Newspapers Or Watch Television
- Most People Think That The Truth Should Be Objective Rather Than Subjective When It Comes To The News | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample