Some People Say That Physical Education Classes Are An Important Part Of A Child’s Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that physical education classes are an important part of a child’s education. Others believe that it is more important to focus on academics during school time. Discuss both these views, and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
While some people regard physical education as a necessary component of schooling / school curriculum others opine that academics is of primal importance. Physical education makes children fit and helps them develop a sportive attitude, whereas academics helps the kids develop a good foundation for future career. Hence, I believe that a holistic environment consisting of academics and physical education must be provided to the children. Physical education aids people to become fit both physically and mentally.
In the current era of growing health concerns due to the sedentary lifestyle, doctors advise people to engage in regular physical activity. Furthermore, when people play a sport they become resilient and learn to cope with victories as well as losses. Involvement in sports helps the child develop team spirit.
On the other hand, having good academic grades is crucial / essential for building a successful career. Being focused on studies leads to better conceptual understanding of the subject and one becomes more knowledgeable by learning new things. Also, having a good academic score increases the chances of being placed in better educational institutes in future and getting scholarships.
I believe that the child’s education must have a comprehensive coverage of academics as well as physical education. The proverb, “All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy” is relevant in the current scenario. Asking the child to exclusively pursue academics can be taxing for them. Furthermore, only factual knowledge is insufficient for leading a comfortable life. In contrast, if a child is too focused on physical education, academics can get neglected leading to / and this could lead to poor scholastic performance.
In conclusion, I opine that striking a balance between studies and sports is warranted for the better development of the child.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample | The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on the health care system. Some people think that the best way to deal with this problem is to introduce more physical education lessons in school curriculum
- Physical Education And Sports Should Be Compulsory For All Students | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning To Play Team Sports Is An Important Part Of Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Now That Computers Are Used In Education, Some People Think Teachers Do Not Play Any Role In Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning To Play A Team Sport Is An Important Part Of A Child’s Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That People Who Do Physical Work Should Be Paid On Par With The People Who Have High Level Degree | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Music, Art And Drama Are As Important As Other School Subjects | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Should students attend extra classes after school
- More Money Should Be Spent On Adult Education Than on Children’s Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample