Some people say that people should have a different amount of holidays according to their job. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Holidays are crucial for many people. For this reason some employees seek jobs / careers in fields that allow them more time off. Some people claim that this is unfair and argue that all jobs should have the same number of holidays. I disagree with this view for several reasons.
First of all, some jobs are more tiring than others. Office jobs, for example, are less exhausting than roles like teaching or working in a mine. Based on my personal experience, I know that teaching students, especially teenagers, is far more exhausting than doing some other jobs. Hence, certain jobs deserve and require more time off than others.
Secondly, some jobs can be performed only during certain months / periods of the year. Jobs like forest fire fighting or fruit picking are available only in the summer. Obviously, people employed in such sectors can have more holidays than others. At the same time, there are certain jobs that are so important that the holders of those jobs cannot have too many holidays. For example, a police officer cannot afford to have too many holidays because if they do not report to duty, the law and order situation will go out of control. Doctors and nurses also cannot have too many holidays because their service is crucial for keeping the society healthy.
To conclude, after analysing the situation it is not hard to see that different jobs have different requirements and some jobs are mentally and physically more demanding. In my opinion, people holding such jobs should have more holidays than those who have less stressful jobs. Hence, I agree with the argument that the number of holidays should be determined by the nature of the job.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays
- Teenagers Are Spending An Increasing Amount Of Time On The Internet And This Is Having A Negative Impact On Their Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Supermarkets Have The Responsibility To Reduce The Amount Of Packaging For Products They Sell | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, The Amount Of Rubbish Is Increasing Rapidly | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Only Way To Judge Someone’s Success In Business Is By The Amount of Money They Make | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Education Should Be Free To Everyone | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer To Plan The Activities For Their Free Time Carefully | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Feel That Sports Are Necessary To College Education Because They Teach Teamwork And Other Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries The Amount Of Crime Is Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Artists need a certain amount of freedom to develop their creativity | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample