Some people say that now we can see films on our phones or tablets there is no need to go to the cinema. Others say that to be fully enjoyed, films need to be seen in a cinema. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is sometimes argued that people nowadays are able to watch films and movies using their mobiles or tablets and there is no reason to go to a cinema; however, others believe that to get the full enjoyment you have to see it in a cinema. In my opinion, watching films and movies at home using my tablet or the laptop is more fun than going to a cinema.
On the one hand, some people think that watching films on their mobiles or tablets is better than going to a cinema and I agree with them. In other words watching films on tablets is more comfortable because we can decide how we should sit or what we should wear while watching it. For example, some people prefer to watch films while they relax on their beds. Furthermore, watching on your phone eating what you like is cheaper than going to a cinema and buying drinks and snacks from there. For instance, in order to go to a cinema we have to take a taxi and buy a ticket.
On the other hand, it is often believed that watching films in a cinema give you the full enjoyment because cinemas are fully equipped with high technology machines and sound systems which can make the people more engaged and connected to the movie. Another reason why people like to see movies in the cinema is to avoid the interruption that may occur if they were watching it on their phone or tablet. For example some cinemas put a special equipment to jam the mobile networks so once you entered the hall you cannot receive a call.
In conclusion, while people may vary in their opinions, in my opinion, watching films using phones or tablets can be more joyful and interesting than going to the cinemas.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- We Can Now Watch Movies On Phones So There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is More Convenient To Watch A Movie On Television | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | People prefer to watch foreign films rather than local films
- IELTS essay about foreign films and local films
- Some people believe that the era of silver screen is coming to an end | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS Essay: Why do people watch foreign films first, before local films?
- Films And Games Can Be Accessed At Any Time From Mobile Devices | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Speaking Test Part 3: General Questions About Movies
- Many People Are Spending Their Free Time Watching Movies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More People Are Spending Their Free Time Watching Movies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample