Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Our Phones And Tablets | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that now we can see films on our phones or tablets there is no need to go to the cinema. Others say that to be fully enjoyed, films need to be seen in a cinema. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The technological innovations are revolutionizing every industry including the cinema. Now we can watch movies on our mobile phones or tablets without having to go to the theatre. Some people argue that there is no need of the cinema now due to such advancements while others support the significance of the movie halls. I personally feel that a movie does not provide complete entertainment unless it is seen on a big screen.
There are several reasons that contribute to the popularity of mobile devices used for entertainment. First of all, these are convenient means and allow you to watch any of your favourite movie whenever you want. Secondly, it saves your time as you can use your spare time without having to stick to a full-fledged plan. Thirdly, you can save money because you do not have to purchase those expensive tickets and all you need is a handy device with an internet connection. Take Netflix and Amazon Prime as examples. They exactly provide all the mentioned benefits which make them a big hit among youth today.
Cinema halls, on the other hand, have their own aura and appeal. Bigger screens coupled with premium quality surround sound and comfortable sitting arrangements indeed make the movie more enjoyable. You plan the movie, spend money on tickets and watch it in a silent ambience; all these factors contribute to a distraction free movie experience. Additionally, going out of house or home for movies gives a break from the routine and monotonous life which gives people a more refreshing and relaxing experience.
To sum up, I believe to truly enjoy a movie one must go to a cinema hall because this is the only way to watch a movie free of distraction. Though this may seem an expensive option but every penny you spend is totally worth the experience you get out of it. Watching movies on mobile devices could be a viable option for many but the true essence of a movie still remains confined to theatres.
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Our Phones And Tablets There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Our Phones Or Tablets And There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Your Phones Or Tablets | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- We Can Now Watch Movies On Phones So There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Films Can Be Watched On Mobiles And There Is No Need To Go To Cinema | Band 9 Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | People prefer to watch foreign films rather than local films
- Some People Say That There Is No Need To Go To Cinema To Watch Movies| Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Why do people watch foreign films first, before local films?
- IELTS speaking part 2 and 3: Talk about a movie you watched in a cinema
- Films Can Have An Effect On Children’s Education And Teach Them Many Things | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample