Some People Say That Excessive Noise Should Be A Criminal Offence | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that excessive noise should be a criminal offence, while others say they should be free to make noise without limitation. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our readers. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Some argue that disturbing people by producing high levels of noise should be punishable by law, while others say that individuals should have the liberty to make any amount of noise. This essay agrees that punishment should be given to those who make abnormal amounts of noise. This essay will discuss both points of view.
Legal action should be taken against those who generate extreme levels of noise. Loud noises can be very disturbing to neighbours, the general public and even animals. Certain people don’t bother about others getting disturbed due to them. In such cases, excessively loud noises should be made punishable. For example, in Denmark, hospitals follow a strict no-noise policy and a person can be heavily penalized by law if he makes too much noise. This has ensured the well-being of patients and visitors.
However, some say that people should have the freedom to make as much noise as they like. It is wrong to assume that because every individual has a certain responsibility towards himself and others and must act in a way that does not harm anyone who is around him. They must be sensible and show empathy to others around them and this is their moral obligation. To illustrate, it is extremely inappropriate for a person to make too much noise in a funeral ceremony because it would show that he lacks empathy. He must, therefore, remain silent so that others do not get disturbed.
In conclusion, making excessive noise should be punishable by law and no man should have the freedom to make as much noise as he likes. In my opinion, excessive noise should be a criminal offence to ensure that communities can co-exist peacefully.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS speaking test in India in September
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter Complaining About Noise
- There Should Be Strict Laws To Control Noise Pollution | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is An Increase Of Noise In Our Daily Lives Nowadays | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS speaking test in Myanmar – Questions and answers
- Your Neighbours Have Complained About The Noise From Your Flat | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Neighbours Complain About Noise From Your Flat | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Sample essay: Can scientists detect criminal tendencies in a child by mapping his brain at age 3?
- Under The British And Australian Laws The Jury Has No Access To The Past Criminal Record Of The Defendant | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Excessive Use Of Smartphones Affect Literacy Skills Of Students | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample