Some people say that a person’s success in adult life is the result of the way they were brought up as a child by their parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The upbringing of a child is said to determine how successful they are / they would be in adulthood. I fully agree with this statement. In my opinion, the way the individuals were raised by their parents is a major factor in their success on both professional and personal level.
There is no doubt that upbringing influences people’s chances of succeeding in their future careers. The parents teach their children the values they will follow later. For example, the parents who are ambitious, hard-working and diligent adults with successful careers will also teach their children the importance of being self-disciplined and working hard towards their goals. Learning such values will help them overcome obstacles in life and always focus on their career objective. By doing so, they will become professionals in their field and will attain success.
Furthermore, a good education does not only positively impact the professional success of an individual but it also plays a prime role in shaping the type of adult the child grows into. When the child is surrounded by love, care, dedication and attention from their parents, they will grow into kind, caring and empathetic people who respect other people, treat everyone equally and help those in need. They attain)success on a personal level because they do good to the society and they improve others’ lives.
In conclusion, I totally agree with the argument that a person’s professional and personal success in the later life is the outcome of their early upbringing. This will help them achieve success in their careers, and the love and care offered by the parents will turn the children into caring and socially responsibile adults. The adults of today will become the parents of tomorrow and they will share the same good values with their childen.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | A Person’s Upbringing Determines Their Chances Of Success In Adult Life
- People say that a child’s success is dependent on the way parents bring them up | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Parents Think Parents Should Attend Child Care Courses To Learn To Take Care Of Their Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That With The Help Of Parenting And Child Development Courses Parents Can Improve The Life Of Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Allowing Children To Make Their Own Choices Is Likely To Result In A Society Of Individuals Who Only Think About Their Own Wishes | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Working Parents Think Children Should Be Sent To Child Care Centres | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Working Parents Think Childcare Centres Provide The Best Care For Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Parents Are The Best Teachers For Their Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Success Is The Best Measure Of Intelligence | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample