Some People Say Schools Should Be Responsible To Teach Young Adults To Look After Their Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say schools should be responsible to teach young adults to look after their health; others think this is not responsibility of schools. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
According to some people, school is responsible for teaching their students how to take good care of their health and wellbeing; others insist that this is not the responsibility of the school. I agree with the former view. In my opinion, the school is the best place for children to learn about health and fitness.
To start with, children spend a great deal of their day time at school and as a result, they have hardly any time to attend fitness classes outside of school. Moreover, they definitely prefer to attend fitness classes at school as it gives them some break / respite from their academic classes. Therefore, it is easy to teach them the ways to take care of their health at school premises. A good example of this is the bi-weekly fitness classes introduced by St. Patrick’s School in London. Ever since the programme was launched the number of sick holidays taken by students reduced by 50%.
Secondly, children obey the words of teachers more seriously as they want to be in the good books of their teacher. Thus, when a healthy habit is taught by their school teacher rather than a fitness trainer or their parents, children tend to follow it religiously. In addition, at school children have the company of other children. This enables them to participate in team events like football or cricket.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that healthy habits and wellness should be taught at school as the students spend a large amount of their time there and school teachers have tremendous influence on young adults.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Should schools teach young students to be a good parent?
- Schools Should Take Health Education More Seriously | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Schools don’t give enough importance to health education
- IELTS essay sample | Schools should teach students to become good citizens rather than independent thinkers
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?
- IELTS essay sample | Should students attend extra classes after school
- Discipline Is An Ever Increasing Problem In Modern Schools | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample