Some People Say Music Is A Good Way Of Bringing People Of Different Cultures And Ages Together | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say music is a good way of bringing people of different cultures and ages together. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.You can find a video lesson on writing a to what extent do you agree/disagree essay here.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Certain persons opine that music is a great way to promote cohesion among people of various cultures and age groups. Music can be beneficial for bringing people together for social and noble causes. However, the content and the type of music can act as barriers. I agree with the argument that music which is pleasant and widely acceptable can be used for promoting harmony.
Music is one of the forms of art which transcends boundaries of nations and attracts audience all around the world. It is not uncommon to see music lovers come together / unite enthusiastically despite belonging to different age groups, gender, caste or creed. It has been noted time and again that people belonging to varying backgrounds have joined hands for several social and charitable causes by virtue of their common liking for music.
However, there are certain factors such as genre and lyrics which can affect this. For example, a person with interest in classical music might not prefer to attend a western music concert. If someone is not proficient in English, one might not prefer spending time with people who discuss English music. Music with profane and objectionable content directed towards one particular sect of people might not be well received and may even adversely cause communal disharmony
Hence, I believe that music which is soothing, commonly understood and accepted can be used to promote bonding between the people of different cultures and ages. Also, it is essential to monitor the content of the music to assess the suitability as per the social and cultural norms for better acceptance.
In conclusion, music can be an excellent medium to unite people provided the limitations in the content and genre are addressed.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Do You Think Art And Music Still Have A Place In Today’s Modern World Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Music Should Not Be Taught In Schools | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Generally Believed That Some People Are Born With Certain Talents For Sports Or Music, And Others Are Not | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Music, Art And Drama Are As Important As Other School Subjects | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Art Subjects Such As Music, Drama And Creative Writing Should Be Included In School Syllabus | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Art Is Considered An Essential Part Of Cultures Throughout The World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Illegal Internet Downloads Are Having A Negative Impact On The Music Industry | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Music Should Not Be Taught In Schools
- Band 8 Sample | Social Networking Sites Have a Negative Effect On Society
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have A Huge Negative Impact On Individuals And Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample