Some People Say Music is A Good Way Of Bringing People Of Different Cultures And Ages Together | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say music is a good way of bringing people of different cultures and ages together. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is opined by some people that music helps in getting the people of diverse cultures and age-groups together. However, I disagree with this opinion because not everyone has an affinity for music.
Multiple reasons can be attributed to the popular belief that music reduces the cultural differences and creates a friendly bonding. Firstly, a vast majority of the world’s population love music. It has become very popular among youngsters and it is treated as a stress buster. Additionally, research has shown that the treatment of many psychological disorders like depression and anxiety can be done through music-therapy. It is proved that music provides a soothing experience to the brain. Nevertheless, music cannot be considered as a universal asset which helps in creating harmony and peaceful relationships globally.
There are many countries and cultures in the world where music is not prevalent largely. Specifically, the nations with conservative culture do not promote music. Under these circumstances, music has only a meager role in strengthening relationships. Apart from this, there are numerous problems which are created by the improper use of music. It adds up to noise pollution when played at high volumes. Furthermore, youngsters get addicted to it very soon and have reduced focus on academics. In addition to this, many children suffer from hearing impairment due to excessive exposure to music.
In conclusion, there is no guarantee that music will bring people closer. Rather, it may prove to be a deterrent to the well-being of the people and their relationships.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Say Music Is A Good Way Of Bringing People Of Different Cultures And Ages Together | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Modern Cultures Around The World Have Become Similar | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Some cultures value old age
- Some People Think That Illegal Internet Downloads Are Having A Negative Impact On The Music Industry | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Art Subjects Such As Music, Drama And Creative Writing Should Be Included In School Syllabus | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Music Should Not Be Taught In Schools | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Music Should Not Be Taught In Schools
- Different Cultures Are Mixing Today And The World Is Becoming A Global Village | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That The Internet Is Bringing People Together By Making The World Smaller | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Music, Art And Drama Are As Important As Other School Subjects | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample