Some People Prefer To Travel By Car While Others Prefer To Take The Bicycle | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people prefer to travel by car while others prefer to take the bicycle. Which of these do you prefer? What are the advantages and disadvantages of traveling by a car and a bicycle?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some people prefer to use a car to get about while others opt for the bicycle. In my opinion, both modes of transport have their merits and demerits. However, I prefer the bicycle for traveling short distances.
The biggest advantage of bicycles is that they are an eco-friendly mode of transport. They do not emit any greenhouse gases or pollute the air. Bicycles are also a cheap mode of transport because they do not require any fuel. Another advantage of riding a bicycle is that it is healthy. It helps burn excess calories and prevents health problems like obesity and heart trouble. However, bicycles do have some downsides. To start with, bicycle riding is a physically demanding task and as such it is not suitable for traveling long distances. Another disadvantage is that bicycles do not provide any protection from rain or shine.
Cars, by contrast, are the ultimate in comfort. They allow people to travel in an air-conditioned environment and provide adequate protection from inclement weather. In addition, cars are fast and perfect for covering long distances in a short period of time. However, they have some serious disadvantages. For one thing, traveling by car is expensive. For another, cars pollute the air. Actually, studies have shown that automobiles are the number one cause of air pollution. They also cause road congestion.
To sum up, both cars and bicycles have their pluses and minuses. Personally, I would prefer a bicycle if the journey is short and the weather is good. For traveling long distances, I will always take a car.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That City Governments Should Spend More Money To Promote Bicycle Use | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people say that cars are best to use in cities while others think that bicycles are better | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Some Countries Spend A Lot Of Money To Make Bicycle Usage Easier | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Why is cycling becoming less popular?
- Restricting Air Travel Is The Only Way To Prevent Air Pollution | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Cars Are Better Than Bicycles In Cities | IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- Some People Prefer Online Classes, While Others Prefer Classroom Learning | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Only Way To Reduce The Amount Of Traffic In Cities Is To Reduce The Need For People To Travel | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS report about average distance traveled by Englanders