Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organization tips and writing lessons on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
While some people believe that change is unavoidable and makes life interesting, others opine that stability is more important for mastering any skill. Personally, I think that doing the same thing repeatedly is essential to achieve success and have a good social life.
There are numerous benefits to focusing on one thing in life. To start with, it provides the required anchor and stability in life so that an individual can focus on mastering one skill. It is often seen that if someone has acquired extraordinary skills in one field, they have high probability of achieving success in their life. For example, it is well known that most of the successful individuals worked in one direction with least distractions to gain reputation and success which came by having a stable life.
However, some believe that change is unavoidable and it prevents from becoming boring. It is argued that if we do not try to push our boundaries, we would never know what we can achieve in life. So, change often pushes a person to test their limits and capabilities. However, in my opinion, this approach can be detrimental in the long term. Although change provides excitement and adrenaline rush, it is highly distracting and increases anxiety levels. A person with this mentality will avoid problems instead of facing them. Furthermore, the kind of focus required to learn and enhance any skill can only be achieved by avoiding unpredictability in life due to frequent changes.
In conclusion, while one cannot avoid the change completely, one should try to keep it at minimum level to acquire unmatched skills and talent in one field.
- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding changes | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- It Is Generally Believed That Some People Are Born With Certain Talents For Sports Or Music, And Others Are Not | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Today Spend Less And Less Time Interacting With Other People In Their Neighbourhood | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Success Is Often Measured By Wealth And Material Belongings | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That A Person’s Success In Adult Life Is The Result Of The Way They Were Brought Up By Their Parents | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer To Eat At Food Stalls Or Restaurants Other People Prefer To Prepare Food At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That It Is Good To Be Ambitious | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Fail In School But End Up Being Successful In Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer To Spend More Time Improving Their Careers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer To Relax By Doing Physical Activities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample