Some People Prefer To Provide Help And Support Directly To Those In The Local Community Who Need It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people prefer to provide help and support directly to those in the local community who need it. Others, however, prefer to give money to national and international charitable organisations. Discuss both views
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
People differ in their opinion regarding the manner in which they want to help the society. While many people prefer to provide aid to the under privileged living in their local community, others donate to the NGO’s. In my opinion, both methods have their merits.
Giving money to the non-profitable organisations has multifarious benefits. First, these organisations work tirelessly at the national and the international level for the people and any aid given to them is transferred to the destitute and the poor through a proper channel. More importantly, they have numerous branches all over the world which certainly widens their reach and enables them to help even people living in extremely remote places. For instance, Red Cross provided the migrants with food and shelter during the corona pandemic and thus saved millions of lives. Therefore, by helping such societies the citizens can definitely become a part of the noble cause.
Conversely, there are those who prefer to help the less fortunate directly and are hesitant to give funds to charitable organisations. They assert that handing over the money directly to the needy allows them to know the impact they have on those lives. For example, there may be people who need financial support for receiving medical treatments in their immediate neighbourhood. Helping them is a great way for them to see the difference they make right before their eyes. Also, by removing all the intermediaries, they can be perfectly sure that monetary benefits reach the poor.
To conclude, reaching out to the needy directly and donating money to charities are both excellent ways to contribute to the society. In my opinion, if there are people who need assistance in our community, we should first help them before contributing to NGOs. Charity, after all, begins at home.
- Your Local Newspaper Is Going To Hold A Competition Where One Person Who Has Done Most To Help Local Community Will Be Awarded | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Some People Believe Famous People’s Support Towards International Organizations Draws Attention To Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Closure Of Local Businesses Will Bring About The Death Of Local Communities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer One-On-One Lessons, While Others Prefer Groups | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band IELTS Essay Sample | Unpaid Community Service Should Be Part Of School Curriculum
- IELTS Sample Essay: Some people think that it is our moral duty to help the poor.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Unpaid Community Service Should Be Part Of High School Curriculum
- The Main Purpose Of Public Libraries Is To Provide Books, And They Should Not Provide Hi-tech Computer Software Or Videos | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More Artists Earn Low Salaries And Hence The Government Should Support Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Number Of Advertisements For Charities On Television And The Internet Seems To Be Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample