Some People Prefer To Live In A House While Others Feel That There Are More Advantages To Living In An Apartment | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people prefer to live in a house, while others feel that there are more advantages to living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages of living in a house compared with living in an apartment?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people prefer to live in an independent house; however, others believe that an apartment is more convenient and suitable for the fast paced urban lifestyle. In my opinion, houses are more spacious but apartments are better because their maintenance costs are considerably low.
On the one hand, apartments are not spacious and do not provide the option to extend the area of rooms. In other words, apartments are constructed in a very limited space, and there is no possibility to design the rooms, whereas the rooms in an independent or duplex house are large and spacious and can be designed according to the requirements of the owner. For example, an independent house in New York comes with three spacious master bedrooms, an entertainment area, and a private garden, while an apartment comes with only a living room, a kitchen and a small bedroom.
On the other hand, an apartment has low maintenance costs and thus it saves money for the owners. This is to say that people who own an apartment do not have to pay for property taxes and any other repair costs that are related to plumbing and electricity. On the contrary, people living in a house pay for all household repairs and maintenance of the house, and this can put an additional financial burden on the owner. For example, research revealed by The Guardian revealed that every year an independent house owner in America pays $12,000 property taxes, whereas a flat owner pays only $1,200.
In conclusion, an independent house can provide the owner with an option to design a spacious house. However, the benefit of an apartment’s low maintenance costs outweighs the benefit of extra space in a house.
- Some People Prefer To Live In A House While Others Feel That There Are More Advantages To Living In An Apartment | Band 8 IELTS Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Advantages Of Living In Large Apartment Complexes
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Apartments are better than houses
- Some People Feel That Boarding Schools Are An Excellent Option For Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Do high rise apartments make people lonely and unhappy?
- In Some Countries, Most People Prefer To Rent Homes Rather Than Buy Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Claim That There Are More Disadvantages To The Car Than Advantages | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Do Apartments Have More Advantages Than Houses?
- You Recently Moved To A New House | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample To A Friend Who Has Agreed To Look After Your House