Some People prefer online classes, while others think that it is better to be in a traditional classroom. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays, online classes have become more popular and many students enrol in them. There are, nonetheless, some learners who still prefer traditional classroom learning. In my opinion, traditional courses and online courses both have their merits; even so, I feel that online courses are better than regular classroom courses in many ways.
Online classes certainly have numerous advantages associated with them. To start with, they are much cheaper than traditional courses. By enrolling in an online programme, poor students who cannot afford expensive collage education can acquire valuable skills and earn degrees, that too from the comfort of their home. Another advantage of online courses is their flexibility. You can take them whenever you want and from wherever you are. By contrast, in order to do a regular course, you have to be in a classroom at a specific time. If you cannot make it at that time, you will miss the class. This is not the case with online learning. The ease of taking the class at a time convenient to the learner has made it quite popular among working professionals who want to upgrade their skills.
By contrast, traditional classroom learning also has its benefits. The most important among them is the better interaction between the teacher and the student. A machine can only deliver the lessons; it cannot figure out whether the student has understood the concepts. A teacher, on the other hand, can easily figure out whether the student has understood something by simply looking at their face. As a result, teachers can clear doubts then and there and this helps with the progress of the student. Yet, the lack of flexibility and higher costs make traditional learning an unviable option for many students.
To conclude, after analysing both sides of the argument it is not hard to see that traditional learning and online learning have their merits and demerits. However, in my opinion, online learning is better because it makes education accessible to almost everyone – even people who have a full time job.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Feel That Online Courses Are Better While Others Feel Classroom Courses Are Good | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think Online Courses Are Better | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Online learning is better than classroom learning. Do you agree?
- Band 9 essay sample | Is online learning a positive development?
- IELTS essay: All learning should be done online
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Teachers Have No Place In Modern Education
- IELTS essay sample | Will computers replace teachers in the classroom?
- IELTS essay: Should computers be banned from the classroom?
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample | Technology Will Eventually Replace Teachers In The Classroom
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people say that in all levels of education, from primary schools to universities, too much time is spent on learning facts and not enough on learning practical skill