Some People Have The Opinion That Big Shopping Malls Are Expensive Places As They Charge Higher Prices For Products | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people have the opinion that big shopping malls are expensive places as they offer high costs for the products which can be bought at much cheaper prices from local shops. On the other hand, some people think that such malls are absolutely the best places to visit for shopping. Discuss both the opinions and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The number of shopping centres in the cities is growing day by day. They have also started to appear in tier 2 cities and towns extensively. While a few people think these malls charge exorbitant prices for the products which can be bought in small shops at a much lower rate, there are others who contradict this view. According to them, shops in malls are the ideal places to go shopping. This essay examines both ideas and states my opinion.
To commence with, the products and services offered by shopping complexes are costlier than those offered by local stores. That is mainly because malls have higher operating costs. Also, the government imposes higher taxes on the products sold in malls. In addition, these places are flooded with fancy lights, attractive mannequins and centralized air conditioning. They even play areas for children and snacks corners. All of these factors increase the prices.
On the other hand, the glorious ambience of the shopping malls increases the prices but at the same time they contribute to a delightful shopping experience. They offer an extremely relaxing environment to shop at our ease and comfort. In addition to that, these outlets offer a plethora of choices from different brands all at one place and also in a more customer friendly manner. Lifestyle chain of stores, for example, showcases almost all brands of clothing in one place thus offering a lot of options to buyers. Sometimes these retail stores offer 30 to 40 percent discounts on many items which no other local shops can match.
To conclude, though malls are expensive compared to other shops, the value they add to the shopping experience is highly appreciated. In my opinion, the expanding presence of such complexes serves as proof for their success and implies that these are the best venues to do shopping.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. Want to improve your grammar? Buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
- Band 6.5 essay | Young people spend their time in shopping malls
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets, many small local businesses are unable to compete | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping
- Large Businesses Have Big Budgets And Hence People Buy Their Products | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Are Buying Products Of Large Businesses. What Problems Does This Cause | IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Local Shops Are Closing Down Because Of Supermarkets
- In Many Places Shopping Is The New Leisure Time Activity | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More Tourists Than Local People Visit Historical Places