Some people fail in school, but end up being successful in life | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people fail in school, but end up being successful in life. Why do you think that is the case? What is most important thing to succeed in life?
Here is a band 7 essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Do you have difficulty writing a two-part question IELTS essay? Watch our Youtube video to learn about the correct structure of this type of IELTS essays.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
These days academic qualification is considered to be the only means of achieving success. However, I do not agree with this view because there are several factors apart from school education which determine the success of a person.
Firstly, most educational institutes are still following the old-fashioned and out dated methods of teaching and as a result they stifle the creativity of the students. Also, many colleges do not assess the out of the box intelligence of a student. They only consider the grade. Consequently many students drop out. Thus it is evident that failing in school is not necessarily a sign of intellectual weakness. Rather it could be an indication of a student’s inability to benefit from conventional methods of learning. There are also many students who fail in school because the course curriculum is beyond their level of comprehension. Yet, many of them achieve success in life because they possess some other skills. For example, they may have a talent for singing or painting. Or maybe they are good at trading.
Success actually requires a variety of skills and personality traits. For example, in order to be successful in life, a person must possess the right attitude, determination and willingness to work hard. If they also have some academic credentials it will improve their chances of finding success. In other words, education can be one of the measures of an individual’s potential, but without hard work and perseverance, no one can achieve success in life.
In conclusion, just because someone failed in school, it does not mean that they cannot become successful in life. Success is actually a byproduct of hard work and perseverance. Academic qualification will certainly improve a person’s chances of achieving success but it is not a pre-requisite.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | A Person’s Upbringing Determines Their Chances Of Success In Adult Life
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- IELTS essay | Anyone can be taught to become a musician or athlete
- Band 7 essay sample about compulsory community service for high school students
- IELTS essay written by student: Should children be encouraged to cooperate?
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- Band 9 essay sample | Unpaid community work must be compulsory for school children
- Some students take a year off between school and university | IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Do Not Know How To Manage Their Money
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Home Schooling Is Better Than Regular Schooling