Some People Believe The Aim Of University Education is To Help Graduates Get Better Jobs | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe the aim of university education is to help graduates get better jobs. Others believe there are much wider benefits of university education for both individuals and society. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is a common belief that higher studies provide better jobs. However, some people opine that university education offers more benefits than improved career prospects. This essay will discuss both the views in detail.
On the one hand, education provides knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge in turn boosts one’s self confidence which reflects in one’s personality. It also develops sound understanding of the subject. All of these are instrumental and crucial to acquire a suitable job. Moreover, in today’s competitive world only the best will win. Hence a person lacking proper qualification and sufficient knowledge will lose the race and lag behind. A recent study by ‘Education Forum’ magazine suggests that the service sector recruited 75% graduates and 25% undergraduates the last year. This in itself shows how important higher education is to acquire a good job.
On the other hand, education not only benefits one’s career but also changes their outlook towards life and society. Knowledge helps to develop strong reasoning and analytical skills. This empowers people with the ability to distinguish between right and wrong, good and bad. Educated people refrain themselves from blindly following any superstitious beliefs. One educated person can educate the entire family and their surroundings. Moreover, knowledge develops moral values of people and makes them responsible citizens. For instance, if we look back at history the great Raja Rammohun Roy and Vidyasagar struggled hard to eradicate social evils like SuttidahaPratha, child marriage etcetera. And they were all well qualified people who fought against such social norms which were very common those days.
To conclude, I am of the opinion that University education has a larger role to play than just provide good jobs to people.
- Some People Believe The Aim Of University Education Is To Help Graduates Get Better Jobs | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Should Have University Education
- University Education Should Be Free To Everyone | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Students Should Go To University To Improve Their Career Prospects
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Completing university education is thought by some to be the best way to get a good job. On the other hand, other people think that getting experience and developing soft skills is more important.
- Poor Students Find It Difficult To Get University Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Nowadays Travel Abroad For Their University Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Education Should Be Free To Everyone | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Studying In A College Or University Is The Best Way For Students To Prepare For Their Future Career | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the need to get a university degree