Some People Believe That Women Should Play An Equal Role As Men In A Country’s Police Or Military Force | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that women should play an equal role as men in a country’s police force or military force, while others think women are not suitable for these kinds of jobs. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Watch our Youtube video to learn how to write a discuss both sides essay. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
People have different views about whether women are capable of performing jobs / working in the police force or the army. In my opinion, despite the difference in physical strength and stamina between the two genders, women can play a significant part in these two areas.
The main argument held by some against women serving in the army or becoming a police officer is that it is too demanding for females to qualify. Unlike most normal jobs where men and women are on par with each other, being a soldier or a sergeant requires the applicant to be tough and strong physically and mentally. The work tends to involve a great deal of intensive training, and it can even be dangerous when confronting criminals or hostile forces. Therefore, women, who are generally less sturdy and more fragile, are not the optimal choice for these occupations.
However, I agree with other people who contend that this is a narrow view. The fact is that women can play essential roles as men do in police offices and military camps. There are many jobs in these two fields that do not involve physical encounters. For example, nearly all police departments and armies need office clerks to work with documents and engage psychological consultants to help people out with their stress management. Women show obvious advantages over men for these positions because they are often more careful, receptive, and empathetic. In reality, secretarial work and counseling in armed forces and police stations are indeed dominantly taken on by females, and their contribution is not eclipsed by males’ at all.
In conclusion, even though females may be less advantaged than males in terms of physical ability, the distinctive gender advantage they hold enables them to be competent at the work in troops and police departments.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Say That Women Are Not Suitable For Jobs In Armed Forces | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Think That The Government Should Allow Women To Join The Armed Forces | Band 6.5 IELTS Essay
- Post School Qualifications Of Men And Women in Australia | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Should women join armed forces?
- IELTS Essay: There is an increase in violence in society because police officers carry guns. Do you agree or disagree
- IELTS essay: Certain jobs are more suitable for men than women
- Now That Computers Are Used In Education, Some People Think Teachers Do Not Play Any Role In Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people believe that in present times, women do get as much equality at work as men
- Some People Think That Men Are Naturally More Competitive Than Women | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Media Has A Big Role To Play In The Spreading Of Any News | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample