Some People Believe That Wild Animals That Live In Urban Areas Should Be Killed | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that wild animals that live in urban areas should be killed; others argue that they should be protected. Discuss both views and state your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In the contemporary settings, it is common for countless animals to live in cities, and under this circumstance， some people believe that these animals should be removed or killed. However, I believe that they deserve humans’ protection.
On the one hand, there are two reasons supporting the opinion that these animals should be hunted down. To begin with, some of them are very aggressive, and numerous people have been attacked by them. For instance, geese have been attacking local residents or tourists in Canada, thus making these people vulnerable to injuries. In addition, the droppings of these animals are not only eye scores, but also facilitate the transmission of contagious diseases, taking a toll on humans’ health. Lastly, some public facilities may be damaged by them, including public transport signs and gardens.
However, I agree with the view that these animals should be protected. This is mainly because they play an irreplaceable role in maintaining a balanced eco-system which is crucial for the survival of humans as well. Therefore, if they are killed, the ecological balance will be disturbed threatening the very existence of life on earth. Besides, those problems caused by the presence of animals in urban districts can be eradicated by establishing nature parks which closely resemble forests. Urban animals should be moved to these reserves where they can roam freely and live.
In conclusion, the existence of wild animals in cities may exert negative influence on people, but they should be protected, since they serve the significant role of maintaining ecological balance.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Wild Animals Living In Cities Should Be Killed
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge Of Extinction | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Protecting wild animals is a waste of resources | Band 8 essay samples
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge Of Extinction And Others Are On The Endangered List | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge Of Extinction | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | There Is No Place For Zoos In The Twenty-first Century
- IELTS essay about raising children in rural and urban areas
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge On Extinction | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Far Too Little Has Been Done To Prevent Animals And Plants From Dying Out | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many animals are being hunted to the brink of extinction. How can this issue be tackled?