Some People Believe That Watching TV Is Good And Makes Life More Enjoyable | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that watching TV is good and makes life more enjoyable; others, however, think it is a waste of time. Do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Television is the main source of entertainment in many homes. Compared to a few decades ago, today almost every home has a television set. Some people think that TV brings more fun to an individual’s life, but others that believe watching TV is a waste of time. In my opinion, watching TV is good if we can limit the amount of time spend on this activity.
On the one hand, television has evolved from what it used to be a couple of years back. Today there are numerous informative channels that children and adults can benefit from. People are updated with information from around the world through live 24 hours news channels. Channels like Discovery, BBC, and National Geographic provide information and knowledge to kids and it can be helpful for their science classes and other subjects. Secondly, television brings all family members to the living room. Today, with the help of technology, a plethora of online movie apps are present on modern televisions. For example, apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime and many more bring the latest movies to home and it makes watching movies fun at home with family instead of going to movie halls which is expensive nowadays. Therefore, television is playing a major role in making families happy and providing valuable information to kids and adults.
On the other hand, television can become a spoiler, when people do not set limit on the time spent in front of it. Individuals spend numerous hours watching TV which makes them lazy and unhealthy. For example, children spend a lot of their time watching cartoons and other movies today. They should be encouraged to engage in outdoor games so that they become healthy and not lazy.
To conclude, television can be beneficial if a person limits the amount of time spent in front of it. If too many hours are spent on viewing TV then it is wasting one’s time.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Watching Violent Content Makes Children Aggressive
- IELTS essay sample: Television is good for us. Do you agree or disagree?
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Our Phones Or Tablets And There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More People Are Spending Their Free Time Watching Movies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Watching Television Is Bad For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- IELTS essay sample | Children spend too much time watching TV
- Some People Think That Watching Movies Is A Waste Of Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Are Spending Their Free Time Watching Movies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Television Is Useful In Education, While Others Say It Is Useful Only For Entertainment | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample