Some People Believe That To Give Opportunities To The New Generation Companies Should Encourage High Level Employees Older Than 55 To Retire | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that to give opportunities to the new generation companies should encourage high level employees who are older than 55 to retire. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The argument that whether experienced employees aged 55 or above should retire and give opportunities to the younger generation remains controversial. I believe that companies should encourage the former ones to stay and work for them as the experience and skills they possess cannot be matched by those of the new generation.
It is obvious that if seasoned workers retire earlier, they can provide more opportunities to the new workers. However, the high level employees have superior skills and experience that new workers lack. As some workers have worked in the same company for more than two or three decades, they are familiar with the day-to-day operations of the company and their expertise is a valuable asset to the company. Their retirement will result in a great loss of a large pool of skilled and talented workers. Consequently, the company will suffer from an insurmountable loss.
Others may argue that recruiting more youngsters can help companies save money as the salary of experienced workers is exceptionally high. The salary of an employer working at a managerial level may be thrice as much as that of an entry level employee. While this may be true, the retirement of experienced employees will lead to a talent crunch that affects the bottom line of the company. If high level workers retire there will not be enough experienced workers to provide training to the newly hired employees. Without the intensive guidance and supervision of their mentors, new employees will not be able to hone their skills. Gradually, the company will lose productivity and revenue.
To conclude, while some may suggest that our older generation should retire at an earlier age to give more chances to the younger ones, I do not agree with the statement as their retirement means a tremendous loss to the companies.
- Some People Believe That To Give Opportunities To The New Generation Companies Should Encourage Older Employees To Retire | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That In Order To Give Opportunities To The New Generation, Employees Should Retire At 55 | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Companies should encourage employees who work in a high position to leave at the age of 55 | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Many High Level Positions In Companies Are Filled By Men | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- Should The Government Reserve A Certain Percentage Of High Level Jobs To Women? | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Companies Are Becoming More Concerned With Profit Than With The Happiness Of Employees | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Should Pay Higher Salaries To Keep Employees Motivated
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Not Wise For A Company To Replace Its Old Employees With Young Employees
- Some Organizations And Companies Say Older People Are Better As Leaders | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample