Some People Believe That To Be A Good Teacher, You Need To Acquire Training In Teaching | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that to be a good teacher, you need to acquire training in teaching, while others believe that teaching capabilities can be developed with experience. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is generally acknowledged that instructors play significant roles in shaping the career / future of their students. Therefore, some people believe that teachers should undergo relevant training to enhance their pedagogical skills, while others believe that such attendance is not necessary and such abilities can be successfully cultivated through experience. I agree with the former opinion.
On the one hand, there are convincing reasons why such training is considered as a kind of necessity. The vast majority of newbies lack teaching experience, and participating in such training can help them master / acquire some effective methods of educating students, since most trainers are seniors who have accumulated vast experience. Consequently, they can duplicate such experience, which enables them to impart academic knowledge to students better and regulate students’ behavior more effectively by equipping them with strong morals / ethics.
On the other hand, such experience can also be obtained through practice / experience. For instance, some experienced teachers can teach / explain some difficult theories to students in interesting ways, and thus retain students’ attention spans for longer periods, even though they have received no pedagogical training. However, this often involves several years. In their initial years, school masters lacking such skills are extremely detrimental to students’ development. To be more specific, due to their poor explanation, students cannot fully understand those theories let alone use them to solve problems. Under this circumstance, they are less likely to achieve better academic performance, which is the prerequisite of entering universities and landing lucrative jobs. Meanwhile, the failure of imparting moral value to students may make some students embark on wrong path, since they lack the skills to distinguish wrong from right.
In conclusion, although teachers acquire their experience after several years’ work, it is necessary for them to receive such training as early as possible, since they are crucial in molding students’ future.
- Some People Believe That To Be A Good Teacher, You Need To Acquire Training In Teaching | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS writing task 2: Do you think that training is necessary to be a good teacher?
- Number Of Hours Teachers Spent Teaching In Four Countries | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Educational Success Depends On A Good Teacher | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Feel That Sports Are Necessary To College Education Because They Teach Teamwork And Other Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS test in Canada – January 2012 (General training)
- Some People Think That The Problem With Education In Poor Countries Is The Teaching Methodology Used | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Academic institutions does not have to offer train in woodwork or tailoring