Some People Believe That Teenagers Are Facing More Problems Because Parents Are Spending More Time At Work | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that teenagers are facing more problems in their life than they did in the past and this is because parents are spending more time at work than at home. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people argue that these days children face a lot of problems because their working parents are not able to spend adequate time with them. I strongly agree with this opinion.
Firstly, the busy life-style of the parents is affecting their children’s behaviour. It is irrefutable that in many metro cities both the parents are working in order to have a better lifestyle and fulfil their family’s needs. Because of this reason, many parents do not get enough time to spend with their children or to listen to him. Children perceive this absence of parents as a lack of affection for them and develop behavioural issues. It is not uncommon for them to become arrogant and disobey their elders. Secondly, children’s development gets severely affected. Many medical experts claim that because of the absence of parents they have observed several behavioural issues among children. For example, children coming from families where both parents work tend to be too shy or introverts and lack the courage to speak up.
When children spend time with their guardians, they learn many important lessons from them such as expressing themselves and openly raising their concerns or doubts. Such issues curb their progress, especially when they join the work force and hurt their ability to with their colleagues to maintain a better stead in his or her life. Lastly, there has been a surge in criminal and anti-social activities committed by youngsters. When children find that there is no eye to keep a watch on them, they may tend to involve in many wrongdoings such as cybercrimes and spending too much time on adult sites. Owing to such horrendous activities, many governments have taken stern actions such as banning many adult sites and enforcing stringent laws in the cyber world. Moreover, in many countries, schools have started counselling programs for children so that teachers can give feedback about children to their parents.
To conclude, teens have become disrespectful, disobedient and prone to committing crime because of the fact that their parents are focused more on their career than on the holistic development of their children.
Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
- Some People Believe That Teenagers Are Facing More Problems In Their Life Than They Did In the Past | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | When both parents work how are children affected?
- Nowadays There Is An Increase In Social Problems Involving Young People Because Parents Spend More Time At Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Teenagers Are Spending An Increasing Amount Of Time On The Internet And This Is Having A Negative Impact On Their Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Teenagers are becoming addicted to drugs
- Some Parents Think Parents Should Attend Child Care Courses To Learn To Take Care Of Their Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS practice: What happens when both parents work?
- Problems Like Juvenile Delinquency Arise From The Fact That Many Married Woman Now Work And Are Not At Home To Care For Their Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That School Children Should Be Given Individual Class Work While Others Think That Working In Groups Is Good For Them | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people