Some People Believe That Technology Has Made Man More Social | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that technology has made man more social. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Technology has become a ubiquitous part of the society and it makes people believe that technology is responsible for making them more sociable. I completely disagree with this view because I believe that being social does not mean acquainting / connecting with new people and interacting on digital media; rather it is about maintaining personal interactions with the people around.
To begin with, technology has enabled most people to live in a virtual world wherein they only interact with virtual friends and followers. They do not care about the people around them. They are in a desperate need to amass more likes and shares on social media. Even when attending a family function or a meeting, people are busy browsing their social media accounts and thus they fail to be attentive to the people around them. They are so busy showing themselves off in the digital world that they forget about the real people near them. The advances in technology have made people show more interest in the online life; however, it made them forget about face to face interaction. A recent study has shown that as youngsters spend more time on social media, they have become less sociable in real life. The vast majority of them do not even know who lives next door but they have virtual friends on all continents.
It is true that computers and mobile phones connect the universe and help people to find friends across the world. On the contrary, technology fails to connect real life persons and as a result there is a decline in human values and interactions. Technology makes people fake; it does not show the real trait of a person. For example, before the invention of technology, people shared happiness, pain, smiles and they extended their helping hands to the fellow humans. Nowadays they are portraying themselves to be socially active just for the sake of digital likes and shares.
In conclusion, technology fails to make man sociable in the real world. Being sociable lies in sharing a physical smile rather than a digital smiley. Although technology offers greater connectivity among people worldwide, it is really making people less sociable.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have Had Huge Negative Impact On Both Individuals And Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed Because Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Social media addiction
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have Had A Huge Negative Impact On Individuals And Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays The Way Many People Interact With Each Other Has Changed Because Of Technology | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have A Huge Negative Impact On Individuals And Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Social Media Is Becoming Increasingly Popular Among All Age Groups | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Such As Facebook Have A Huge Negative Impact On People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample