Some People Believe That Olympic Games Do Not Belong To The 21st Century Anymore | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe the Olympic Games don’t belong to the 21st century anymore. To What extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
It is argued that Olympic Games are not relevant in the current century anymore. This essay completely disagrees with the statement because platforms like Olympics are necessary to preserve and promote sports to next generations and there is no bigger stage than Olympics to prove your talent in sports.
An Olympic medal is considered as the highest honor by any sports person. Every country sends its most talented people to Olympics to compete with other nations. Olympics administrative board comprises of representatives from all nations and decisions are taken in the interest of promoting sports. Many sports events are about to go extinct and events like Olympics helps to promote that sport to younger generations. According to Sunday Times, every 2 out 5 common people are inspired to start playing sports after watching Olympics.
Olympics is so far the biggest stage to prove talent in any sports. Olympics is a kind of stage where sports people get together and exchange their culture. It not only improves exposure to sports but also helps individuals to exchange culture with fellow participants. 160 individual categories and 50 group category sports are included in the Olympics and the best of the talents compete together to achieve the medal. Winning a medal is a proud moment not only for the individual but also for the country.
In conclusion, events like Olympics are necessary to promote the sports to the next generation and also to motivate sports individuals to compete against the best.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- People Living In The 21st Century Have Better Quality Of Life Than People Born In Earlier Centuries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Individual Games Vs. Games That Require Team Work
- These Days Some People Spend A Lot Of Money On Tickets To Go To Sporting Events | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages of Hosting International Sporting Events
- Team Sports Help School Students To Learn More Than Usual Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today Many Children Spend A lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments support professional sporting events?
- IELTS essay topic | Countries should not spend too much money on training athletes for international events
- International Sporting Events Are Essential For Easing International Tensions | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample