Some people believe that nowadays we have too many choices. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
According to some people the modern life provides us with an overwhelming number of options. I completely agree with that point because I believe the era of the internet and globalization has given us an incredible amount of alternatives and this is both good and bad. On the one hand, it has made products available at cheap rates; on the other hand, it leads to impulse buying.
It is undeniable that the World Wide Web has led to dramatic availability of data and different services. Before the Internet information was a precious resource and people made efforts to gain it through books and education whereas currently we are rather forced to filter its stream so as not to get burdened by it. For example, earlier people used television with a limited choice of channels for entertainment while today we are able to watch whatever we like on demand and often for free.
Alongside the influence of the internet, technical advance and globalization have eliminated barriers in international trade and transportation. The wide choice of foreign food products and other goods has made people extremely consumerist and seeking the meaning of their life in new purchases. The availability of choices can also overwhelm people and may even lead to the purchase of the wrong product or service.
In conclusion, we are faced with a huge number of options in most areas of our life and they sometimes mislead us and make our choice too difficult. In order to avoid these disadvantages we should learn to recognize our real needs and values and make a right choice from the diverse options available.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Nowadays, Many People Would Rather Purchase Food Than Cook At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Closure Of Local Businesses Will Bring About The Death Of Local Communities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Families Move To Different Countries For Work. Some People Think It Has Negative Effects On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Your Phones Or Tablets | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Lots Of People Are Throwing Away Food | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have Had A Huge Negative Impact On Individuals And Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Successful Companies Use Advertising To Make More Sales | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Technological Tools Such As Body Scanners And CCTVs Have Enhanced Our Safety | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Parts Of The World Today There Is A Profitable Market For Products Which Lighten People’s Skin | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample