Some People Believe That Nowadays We Have Too Many Choices | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that nowadays we have too many choices. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is argued by some people that we have a lot more options to choose now than we used to have in the past. This essay completely agrees with the statement because thousands of products are displayed in shops at present and many people think it is difficult to select one from the multiple options.
Nowadays, we can find huge shopping malls which stock various products from many different brands and this sometimes makes it difficult for people to pick an item because there are so many options. For instance, about twenty years ago, when people wanted to buy clothes or electronic appliances there were not many options. As a result, they bought whatever was available to them and still they were happy. But today, the consumer is spoilt for choice when they enter a supermarket and as such they have to think many times before zeroing in on a particular product. Worse still, inspite of spending a lot of time comparing the options, they are not satisfied with the purchase because they suspect that the other options could have been better.
Choices are available in almost every area of life. For example, nowadays, there are plenty of options for higher studies and students and their parents often struggle to figure out what the right choice is. Even in the case of insurance and medical treatment choices are available in plenty. While the availability of choices is certainly good, the main disadvantage is that it makes the process of choosing difficult.
To conclude, people these days certainly have so many choices that they often feel overwhelmed when they shop for something.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Believe That Nowadays We Have Too Many Choices | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Allowing Children To Make Their Own Choices Is Likely To Result In A Society Of Individuals Who Only Think About Their Own Wishes | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children Should Be Allowed To Make Their Own Choices | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Most people agree that money cannot be happiness. Why is happiness difficult to define? How can people achieve happiness?
- Some People Think That Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Technology Is Increasingly Being Used To Monitor People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, Many People Would Rather Purchase Food Than Cook At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays many young people are attracted to dangerous sports | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Nowadays Families Move To Different Countries For Work. Some People Think It Has Negative Effects On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | People Are Buying Useless Things