Some people believe that it is good to share as much information as possible in scientific research, business and the academic world. Others believe that some information is too important or too valuable to be shared freely. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Knowledge increases when it is shared and hence some people believe that scientific, technical and business information should be shared freely; however, others opine that it is better to keep some information confidential. In my opinion, both approaches have their advantages and disadvantages.
We live in an age where new inventions happen almost every single day. Sharing this information is important because it helps to keep us updated with the inventions happening around us. Also, these researches can be used to develop technologies that can be used by people to ease their lives and for the betterment of the society. For instance, the invention of stem cells therapy pushed the boundaries of medical science. By using stem cells in laboratories we can create any organ we want! This regeneration helps us to avoid the danger of donor organ rejection. Sharing such useful inventions helps the students to be up to date with the recent procedures and thus become much better professionals.
On the other hand, sharing too much information can be dangerous. For example, research related to weapons and nuclear science is extremely sensitive and confidential. If it is fallen into wrong hands it can lead to wars and terrorist activity. Likewise, some information regarding business finances and the algorithm is kept confidential by companies to stay ahead of the competition. Sharing this information may incur major financial loss for the company and loss of its USP / competitive edge.
To conclude, my opinion is a neutral one. It is extremely important for the world to share knowledge regarding science and business but it is equally crucial to safeguard the information that is sensitive to companies and the country.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Scientific And Technological Information Should Be Shared Freely | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Should employees share personal information with the employer?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientific Research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies
- Employers Sometimes Ask People Applying For Jobs For Personal Information | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Money Is The Only Measure Of The Success Of A Business | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Only Way To Judge Someone’s Success In Business Is By The Amount of Money They Make | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Are Asking For Too Much Personal Information
- Some People Say That Working Couples Must Share Household Responsibilities Equally | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Parts Of The World It Is Becoming Popular To Research The History Of One’s Own Family | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Government should only fund scientific research