Some People Believe That It Is Better To Get Advice From Old People Compared To Young People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that it is better to get advice from old people compared to young people. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and include relevant examples.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Many individuals opine that one should seek advice from elderly people while others do not agree with this notion. I strongly advocate the former idea. This essay will discuss both of the viewpoints along with some suitable examples in the forthcoming paragraphs.
Let us discuss the advantages of considering the opinion of old people. The first and the foremost point is that elderly people have more life experiences than younger ones. As a result they can provide an opinion based on their past experiences. Moreover, their eyes can be more judgmental than ours. There are chances that they may have tackled the same situation, in which we are today, in their past. Additionally, seniors have better analytical skills. They are also more patient and rationale. This enables them to make unbiased judgments.
Let us throw some light on the second opinion. It is rightly said that every coin has two sides. Elderly people are more conservative / old fashioned. They do not understand the fine aspects of the advanced era. Moreover, sometimes they may not want to lose their traditional thinking. As a result they give some irrelevant opinion. For instance, when we ask our grandmothers to suggest a nice dress for a party, they usually fail to think according to the contemporary fashion and suggest something which is out dated.
In a nutshell, it would be apt to say that old people can give the best advice in all aspects of life except certain fields such as fashion and technology. Otherwise they have excellent life experiences which always help them to give efficient advice.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- A Friend Has Written To You Asking For Advice About A Problem At Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Sometimes People Think That Young People Should Be Encouraged To Leave Their Family At A Certain Age | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Advice To A Friend
- In Many Countries, Very Few Young People Read Newspapers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Young People Should Spend More Of Their Free Time At Home | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Recently Received A Letter From A Friend Asking For Advice About Whether To Go To College Or To Try To Get A Job |
- You Recently Received A Letter From A Friend Asking For Advice About Whether To Go To College Or Try To Get A Job | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Some People Think That Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Young Ones Should Spend More Of Their Free Time At Home | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample