Some People Believe That It Is Best To Accept A Bad Situation | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory job or shortage of money. Others argue that it is better to try and improve such situations. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
There are conflicting views about whether people should accept a bad situation or make efforts to improve it. While there are some justifications for accepting certain bad situations, making an attempt to overcome the negatives may be a better solution. This essay will discuss both sides of the argument and express my view / perspective.
On the other hand, people who insist that bad situations should be accepted tend to lack the courage to change their life. For example, many people who stick to a bad job are afraid of quitting. They do not like their job and yet they do not want to quit because they are afraid of the uncertain future. They are worried that they may have to stay jobless for a while and struggle to pay their bills before they can find employment again. Consequently, they accept the bad situation without making an effort to improve it. There are also some bad situations that are beyond our power to improve. For example, there is not much we can do to prevent a serious illness or the untimely death of a dear one. In such situations, coping with the loss or the negative situation is a better idea than brooding over it.
On the other hand, there are certain situations that can be improved if we make an effort. For example, nobody has to suffer in a bad job when better jobs are available on the market. Of course, this might require learning a new skill or acquiring a qualification, but it is worth our while. Likewise, people suffering from poor health can see some visible improvements if they adopt an exercise routine and a healthy diet. Those in toxic relationships can regain their sanity by opting to break up. Obviously, there are several situations that can be improved with a little effort. Hence, the argument that all bad situations should be accepted without complaining does not hold water.
In conclusion, this essay discussed that although people sometimes have reasonable excuses to live in a bad situation, it is beneficial to try to improve adverse circumstances. In my opinion, it is better to try to get out of the negatives.
- Accept | IELTS words
- Do you think people should adapt and accept the culture of the country they visit? | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Many People Accept That Now We Live In A Globalized World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Universities Should Accept Equal Numbers Of Male And Female Students In Every Subject | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Most people accept that we now live in a globalised world but not everyone agrees this is beneficial | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Think That The Closure Of Local Businesses Will Bring About The Death Of Local Communities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Wealthy Nations Should Accept More Refugees And Provide Them With Basic Assistance | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Wealthy Nations Should Accept More Refugees And Provide Them With Basic Assistance | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- With Internet Improvements, People Can Share Views On Certain Goods Or Services They Have Purchased | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Universities Should Accept Equal Number Of Male And Female Students In Each Subject | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample