Some people believe that in order for a hobby to be enjoyable, it needs to be difficult in some ways. Agree or disagree.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
According to some people, if a hobby needs more effort and time then it provides more pleasure to an individual. In my opinion, the difficulty level of a leisure time activity does not determine whether it is enjoyable or not.
To begin with, one can relax oneself while performing a favorite activity even though it requires little effort. For example, reading books or listening to songs is the favourite hobby of many people and these activities do not require much effort. Yet, they provide enjoyment and relaxation to those who pursue them. The purpose of a hobby is to utilize the free time in a constructive way. For example, some people prefer to watch movies in their free time and this activity does not require any effort whereas some others prefer to do pottery which requires a lot of practice. The amount of joy and happiness is the same for both individuals irrespective of the difficulty level of the activity they love to do in the free time. Hence, it does not matter how hard or easy the task is.
Another crucial reason why the difficulty level of a hobby does not hold any importance is that people adopt an activity as a hobby because that particular act provides them peace of mind and mental stability. Actually, in this day and age when most people have stressful jobs, many of them are looking for a less demanding hobby.
To conclude, a leisure time activity does not have to be difficult. In fact, watching a movie is as entertaining as climbing a hill. In my opinion, everyone should choose for themselves an activity that they find enjoyable regardless of its difficulty level.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Some People Believe That Hobbies Need To Be Difficult To Be Enjoyable | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Few People Have A Hobby These Days
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems, Governments Should Tax Private Car Owners Heavily And Use The Money To Improve Public Transportation | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- How to express the same idea in different ways
- More People Are Spending Their Free Time Watching Movies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Our Phones And Tablets There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people
- Some People Think That The Closure Of Local Businesses Will Bring About The Death Of Local Communities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Getting A Degree From A University Is The Best Way To Guarantee A Good Job | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Generally Believed That Some People Are Born With Certain Talents For Sports Or Music, And Others Are Not | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample