Some People Believe That Educational Success Depends On Good Teacher | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that educational success depends on good teacher others think that it depends on the attitude of the students. Discuss both the views and discuss your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Need help with organizing ideas for this essay. Please watch my Youtube video on this.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people believe that a dedicated mentor is a prominent factor in the academic excellence of the students, while others feel that it totally depends on the outlook of the mentees. This essay will discuss both the above-mentioned views. It will also prove why the student’s attitude is the deciding factor in his/her academic success.
Firstly, success is the result of one’s own will power. It is rightly being said that “Where there is will, there is a way.” So, a deeply motivated student will definitely find the way for excelling in studies. Secondly, teachers are not the only available option. There are many books and online videos which can provide guidance and support needed to get the desired success. Moreover, the surroundings of a student also play an important part. Parents, relatives and friends are the influencers who can support and motivate learners to excel in education. For instance, the top rank holders of India’s toughest competition UPSC often hail from very ordinary backgrounds wherein they are unlikely to have received high quality formal education.
However, some people do believe that a good mentor is needed for educational success. It is because they think that a good guide provides proper guidance such as the right learning materials, periodic assessments and tips for scoring well in tests. Moreover, in today’s competitive and advanced world, a qualified and skilled teacher is needed to guide students in the correct way. For example, there are many coaching institutes, which have qualified professors to teach young aspirants to crack the competitive exams and most of them succeed too. Even so, a good teacher alone cannot create any miracles. If the student is not motivated enough, no matter how hard the teacher tries, they are less likely to succeed.
After discussing both the sides of the arguments, this essay clearly proves that the student’s attitude is the major factor that determines their academic success.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- It Is Generally Believed That Some People Are Born With Certain Talents For Sports Or Music, And Others Are Not | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Success Is The Best Measure Of Intelligence | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Schools Should Involve Students In School Management | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS success tips from winners
- Some People Say That It Is Possible To Tell A Lot About A Person’s Culture And Character From Their Choice Of Clothes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | A Person’s Upbringing Determines Their Chances Of Success In Adult Life
- Some People Think That Money Is The Only Measure Of The Success Of A Business | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Radio Is The Best Way To Get News While Others Think That Television Is Better | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Watching Movies Is A Waste Of Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Argue That Online Courses Are Better Than Offline Courses | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample