Some People Believe That Children Should Do What Their Parents Tell Them To Do | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that children should do what their parents tell them to do; others think children must learn to think for themselves. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Parenting plays a crucial role in the development of a child. Some claim that children should do only what their parents have told them to do whereas, others think they should be their own decision maker. I personally believe that listening to their guardians is important, but being able to think and act independently is far more crucial.
To begin with, the main reason to listen to parents is that the young mind is too immature. Children are not mature enough to decide what is right and what is wrong, and most of the time they end up choosing the negative side because at that age they are attracted to do such things and thus spoil their life. For example, a global research group conducted a few tests among 9 to 16 year olds by asking a few questions. It was shown that 85% of the kids were prone to making wrong choices. So, for this reason parental supervision of children is beneficial. However, too much of this is going to ruin the child’s ability to tackle situations on their own.
On the flip side, following one’s own judgment builds individuality which is a much needed quality in life. The constant involvement of parents during the growing up years of a child may make them incapable of fixing their own issues when they grow up.
Furthermore, individuality builds confidence in children and makes them capable of standing up for their own and achieve greater heights in life. It is a proven fact that children who stood for themselves are more successful in future than, who did not. This proves why it is important for children to listen to themselves.
To recapitulate, although obeying parental commands is going to help you in making right choices, it will ruin your goals, if you do that for too long. Hence, every younger person should follow their own judgment for their better future. Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think Parents Should Supervise Their Children’s Activities Closely | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Allowing Children To Make Their Own Choices Is Likely To Result In A Society Of Individuals Who Only Think About Their Own Wishes | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Parents Have The Most Significant Influence In A Child’s Development
- Some People Say That With The Help Of Parenting And Child Development Courses Parents Can Improve The Life Of Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Ensuring That Children Have Regular Physical Exercise Is The Responsibility Of Parents | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Parents Are The Best Teachers For Their Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Parents Are Responsible For Teaching Children Discipline
- People say that a child’s success is dependent on the way parents bring them up | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample