Some People Believe Famous People’s Support Towards International Organizations Draws Attention To Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe famous people’s support towards international aid organizations draws attention to problems. Others think celebrities make the problems less important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is true that well-known people’s association with global aid programmes can have a serious impact on the society. Some people believe that the reputation of these individuals can overshadow the cause they are working for.
However, I believe that the support of celebrities will create public awareness about the problems that need to be dealt with. It is my strong belief that famous people’s association with international aid organisations can raise public awareness towards certain matters of importance. It is evident that they can positively influence their fans who can be encouraged to participate in charitable activities held by the organisations. For example, some Taiwanese celebrities volunteer in developing countries such as Kenya and support disadvantaged local families. Due to this fact, many fans of these celebrities turn their attention to the problems such as poverty and engage themselves in voluntary work for a variety of global aid organisations. Therefore, famous people’s involvement in the organisations can certainly raise people’s awareness of global issues.
However, there is a commonly held view that celebrities can downplay the impact of problems. This is because people might perceive their contributions to international aid organisations as their business strategy to advertise themselves, and to gain more fame. For instance, numerous Hollywood movie stars engage themselves in voluntary work for international charities, but their endeavour is less likely to be appreciated due to misconceptions of the public. This can trivialize the problems. However, in my opinion, there are only a small group of people who do not appreciate celebrities’ hard work.
In conclusion, although celebrities could take the focus off of the problems due to their popularity, my belief is that their contributions to international aid organisations can surely make problems noticed.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Support Charitable Causes for Their Own Benefits
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Being a celebrity such as a famous film star or sports personality brings problems as well as benefits.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More developing countries are being given aid by international organizations to help them in their development plans
- Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- More Artists Earn Low Salaries And Hence The Government Should Support Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?
- Some People Think That International News Should Be Included In The School Syllabus | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Celebrities Are More Famous For Their Money And Glamour
- International Tourism Creates Tension Rather Than Understanding | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample