Some People Believe Charity Organizations Should Only Offer Help To People Of Their Own Countries | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe charity organizations should only offer help to people of their own countries. Others claim that these organizations should give aid to people in great need wherever they live. Discuss both opinions and tell which side do you agree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.Do you have difficulty writing a discuss both sides essay? Watch our video to learn about the correct structure of this type of IELTS essays.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, charities should help only those people who live within their national boundaries; however, others opine that they should provide assistance everywhere. In my opinion, it depends on the mission of the organization and its resources. Well-funded charities can offer help everywhere; those that are short of resources should prioritize their own people.
On the one hand, if NGOs decide to serve only the people of their country, we cannot quite blame them. After all, their resources come from the local people and as such when this money is utilized for the benefit of the locals, it is fully justified. Charitable work focusing on local issues also satisfies donors who are eager to see a resolution to the problems affecting their country or community. Also, many charitable organizations have limited resources. For example, charities operating in poor countries are often short of resources. They cannot provide help abroad. If they attempt to do this, they will only antagonize the local community that funds their initiatives.
On the other hand, there are many international organizations flush with cash and other resources. For instance, UNICEF is an international organization which aims to aid children worldwide. They receive funding from affluent countries and hence they are quite capable of offering assistance in any part of the world. There are several such organizations that have the backing of developed countries. It is their moral and constitutional responsibility to provide assistance to needy people everywhere.
To conclude, charities should work with the objective of helping the needy. Who they should help or where they should provide help depends on their financial situation and objectives.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More developing countries are being given aid by international organizations to help them in their development plans
- Some People Believe Famous People’s Support Towards International Organizations Draws Attention To Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Best Way To Motivate Employees Is To Offer Them Financial Incentives
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Support Charitable Causes for Their Own Benefits
- Some Organizations And Companies Say Older People Are Better As Leaders | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Argue That Developing Countries Need Practical Aid As Well As Financial Aid | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- As Global Trade Increases Between Countries, Many Daily Necessities Are Produced In Other Countries | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Sample Essay: Some people think that it is our moral duty to help the poor.
- IELTS Essay: Are multinational companies good for the economies of developing countries?
- Countries Are Becoming More And More Similar | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample